Tuesday 1 December 2015

The Ongoing Internal Debate of A Girl Who Wants a Fringe

Arghhh the fringe. It looks so so good. Just, ya know... not on me. Which is a problem as I continue to lust over them. Current muse: Lou Schoof. That fringe, ahh so beautiful, so fringey, so pretty, so cool. Why can't I have one?! You'd think it'd be great for me, I have a forehead the size of the world so surely it would help cover that. I once (or twice) naively thought the same thing, but alas, no. The thing is my hair is as thin as a balding man's, meaning that said fringe is composed of approximately two strands of hair which if anything just highlight the enormity of my forehead, go greasy then make my forehead spotty. So, not exactly ideal.


Photograph: girlsgonehair.com

But that doesn't stop me thinking that a fringe would make my life better. How could it not?? Some of the coolest people in the history of the world have had a fringe. And that's a fact. That's just a fact I'm saying right there. Jane Birkin's was probably the best there ever was, like she is definitely the original fringe inspo. But for some modern day juicy fringe goodness my favourite go to google searches are probably, Alexa Chung, Zooey Deschanel, Kate Moss (yes- she had one!!), Suki Waterhouse's is one of the bests out there, Sienna Miller looked damn good with hers and Dakota Johnson is currently the proud wearer (owner?) of one. 

Despite the fact that I know I do not, and never will, suit a fringe, I probably will get one cut in again... And then cry for the rest of the month and run to Claire's Accessories to buy all manner of children's hair accessories to find any way to push the stupid thing off my face. But until that day, I'm just going to stick to google for all my fringey needs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment