Wednesday 25 November 2015

SISTAAAS are doing it for themselves

2015 was definitely the year of the sister.

Not that sisters haven't always and will always be the best thing evaaa (shout out to my own two lovely ladies) but this year saw fashion become obsessed with them. And rightly so. I mean what's better than one person with a ridiculously good gene pool? Two. That's just maths. 



But I also particularly enjoyed fashion's latest obsession because. for me, it was really nice just to see pictures of strong sexy ladies hanging out together rather than said ladies being draped over a man or staring at a handbag. I think it said something about society right now and how people are starting to think of feminism as a lot more, not only appropriate (which it obvs should be) but also necessary, to talk about. 

These fashion campaigns using the genetically blessed sisters didn't just make me endlessly jealous, but also inspired and empowered and reminded me that girls are just bloody ace. The Spice Girls proved it first that there's nothing like a group of independent women (preferably in kick ass poses) to remind us all that girls are strong, particularly when together. GIRL POWER. 


Also, btw, boys are nice too but there wasn't many brother campaigns this year, sorry. Maybe 2016. In fact, if any brothers want their picture taken I am more than willing to lend a hand. 


Photograph- fashionista.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment