Saturday 31 October 2015

Help: I Want A Beret!

Soooo this thought has been popping into my head for a while now. And I've been trying to ignore it, to push it out of my mind and pretend it wasn't happening. But I don't think I can deny it any more. I want a beret. There I said it.

It's probably part of my ongoing struggle to look/act/actually BE French but I am desparately pining after one of those little French buggers. I am trying to resist actually purchasing one as I know it will only end up in the graveyard of my existing hat collection. But they just look so bloody cool. That's the thing though, despite them giving the air of effortless cool, it actually takes a lot of effort for a normal person to pull off a beret. 



Despite wanting to look like Alexa Chung, my round face and unflattering bob length hair aren't exactly the ideal combination for nailing that look, and I definitely couldn't apply red lipstick with such precision. I'm also not so sure how big a fan the general male population is of the beret as an accessory. Call me crazy, but I don't think that boys head on a night out thinking 'wow I hope I find a nice girl with a great sense of humour, and similar political ideas to me wearing a beret tonight'. Maybe they do though, who knows. If they do can someone send them in my direction please.

Pinterest

I don't know what I'm saying though because I haven't even purchased said beret yet. There's a lot to consider before making such a big decision. What colour should I get? And what will I wear with it? And what style? (Yes apparently there are differently styles of beret, who knew?!) I am already justifying my waste of money on buying a beret by thinking of it as some sort of scientific experiment. Is it really possible to pull a boy whilst wearing a beret??? 

Results to follow. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment